Monday, February 15, 2016

FEB 15 2016 Marriot Hotel Tijuana, Mexico (FYI: Graphic details)

FEB 15 2016  Marriot Hotel Tijuana, Mexico (FYI: Graphic details)

Last night we went to the lobby to meet another couple from the Support group I am on who flew in yesterday which was a lot of fun. A few other WLS patients also joined us and before long we had quite a group of people all comparing surgeries, Doctors, husbands chatting, board game playing, chit chating good time. It is a pretty remarkable experience. We have met so many people from all over the place coming here to do surgery. Lots from Canada and USA, but also Germany, Italy, South America, and a few others. All with their own stories, and each with their own circumstances. A great deal of people are here on "Vacation" where the people at home do not know. They are ashamed of themselves, or worry about reactions from others, and hearing the sadness in some of their stories just makes me reflect on how happy I am with my decision to be transparent about the whole procedure. I feel bad that there are people out there that feel they don't have that kind of love and support and yet so grateful to the people in my life that love me regardless of who I am or the choices I make. So I have befriended a few and told them I could be their support if they needed it. But others are much the same as me, and have been completely open or 'sort of' open about it which is cool as well.

I ACTUALLY SLEPT LAST NIGHT!
I must have got at least 3-4 hrs in a row at one point and am thrilled, would I love more absolutely but I'll take it. I feel like a brand new person today. So far most of the pain is gone, and I don't feel as much gas which is awesome. Hopefully I can get some more liquids into me today. Today our Co-ordinator is taking us on a tour at 1:30pm, so I am so excited for that. I have yet to really see anything except from windows. Will keep you updated!

So the only real pain I had all day was when eating which is pretty awesome. I started to bruise today, and the most annoying part of this whole thing is the tape residue left over from all the tape. Its impossible to get off so I stick to everything.

We went out with Andrea walking on the main drag, which was a blast. Super amazing lady, and I had a fabulous day with her. We bought beautiful Locally made leather purses, and are purse twins. lol Her and Chris enjoyed some tacos from a local taco cart per say, and I extremely enjoyed my water. It was nice to just be out and about and up from a bed, and nurses and such. Great day. Came back to hotel, and met another couple we met in the hospital for dinner at a authentic Mexican restaurant which was a lot of fun. The Bean broth was AMAZING. One thing I found in this town is they are so accustom to people coming here for surgery, that almost everywhere you go you can get a bowl of pre/post op surgery BROTH, and they don't bat an eye when you say you had surgery, and just know not to give you a menu. Anyways a very nice evening and the start to a new great friendship.

This was a very long day for me and I am exhausted and quite sore now, but hope to rest up tonight and get some needed sleep. I got through a lot more of my liquids today which is good, but still working on yesterdays, but Ill get there.

Tomorrow will be a relaxing day before heading back to San Diego Thursday so I may skip the bog tomorrow but we will see.
Sweat dreams all.


Stay Tuned ~ Nat
Body Under Construction

No comments:

Post a Comment