Friday, February 19, 2016

FEB 19 2016 SURGERY PHOTOS

FEB 19 2016   SURGERY PHOTOS
I hope these photos help anyone wanting the surgery to show them exactly what the procedure is. I didn't include any graphic phots as I'm sure none needs to see those. If you are curious just ask, as some procedures could not be documented.

The Marriot:
Is a fabulous hotel. WLS patients are checked in really quickly with no issues, and given a note explaining what is included for you during your stay. Broths, jello, water, popsicles, and your companion gets 15% off all at the hotel. There is a shuttle service for free to all patients that will get them to and from the hospitals or clinics where they are going. I met several patients there for all sorts of surgeries, and the hotel is quite equipped to deal with anything.


 My Surgery:
At Florence Hospital, from the time you get there to the time you leave the staff are extremely great at looking after you. They take care of all your needs and your companions needs. And I don't have to gush about Dr. Z enough, as he is truly the best Doctor I have ever had the privilege in meeting.

 We laughed as each day on everything they brought me, my name was spelt different which was kinda fun to see what they called me next!

Me outside the Florence Hospital.

 Prepped and ready for surgery

 Getting my IV line in.

 Getting my EKG testing done
 Getting compression socks on, and anxiety meds to get me ready for surgery.

 The room, with spare bed for Chris.




The SURGERY
 Heading down hall for surgery





BIGGEST MOMENT: Waking up

Waking up after surgery. 1st time in my life I wasn't ill after waking up. Before I was put out the anesthesiologist asked me how I was after waking up, and I told him I always wake up throwing up, and he said you wont this time, and I didn't. AMAZING.


AFTER SURGERY:
 Walking with my drain on.
 1st food: ice chips
 Walking the hallways the whole 1st night
 Breathing inhaling exercises

 Walking and talking with the wonderful ROSA.

 1st OFFICIAL MEAL




Me & Dr. Z:
POST OP

PRE-OP





LAST DAY - awaiting ride to San Diego.






















4 comments:

  1. Hey, Great walk through, Love all your smiles.....Question, can I have all your Fat Girl cloths :) I really need them....xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for this, I loved it. Made me feel more at ease. I didn't know we could bring a family member. How much would you say without the flight that it cost to have your family with you.?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad, that was my point of writing so others could see how great the process is.
    You don't pay for someone to come with you, they stay for FREE.
    Only food, and plane ticket!
    cheers ~ Nat :)

    ReplyDelete