Monday, February 8, 2016

Feb 8 2016 San Diego

Feb 8 2016 San Diego

Well, we arrived.
What a day! I gotta say it wold of gone flawless had I not been in a car accident a few days before I left, but that being said It was an extremely uncomfortable flight. I gotta say a few things that really helped me (Tips for those going).


Tip:
~I did make it threw both check points Canada and US with my larger than allowable Premier Protein Shake. In both cases advised them it was for medical and all I was allowed o drink for the day and no problem. Well, if you consider having to clear a drug screening at both points no problem, but so minor and I got my food for the day on board! YAY.
~Dr. Scholls compression socks are awesome. I wore mine on the plane and my feet never felt so good. An absolute must for travel.
~As much as it pains me. Travel light. After seeing our lay over and how many tunnels, trains and amount of walking we did, I had wished me packed lighter....okay not we....me. I'm already dreading the flight home after surgery. Me with upper body and shoulder injuries....it really sucks.
~Lay over food. Lets just say there is nothing available for the diet we are on. I did find a green salad with Chicken on it,  but after paying $9.50 us $ for it, found it to be soggy and the chicken (protein) slimy. Un-impressed. Threw away. Thank goodness I got my shake on.
~Alaskan air is pretty up there for me as far as who I would fly with. They were amazing, accommodating and very good at their jobs. I fly a lot and this is my first with them, and wouldn't hesitate in the future to book directly from them. Were very considerate regarding my surgery needs.

Well, as per usual I had grand plans for our day today, but alas I need to put myself first, which is extremely hard to do. With the amount of pain I am in, there is no way I can do the amount of thing I intended, so we worked out a new plan. We are going to get up soon....meaning Chris (as I have not slept much), and head to Old Town San Diego for a bit, then as it is supposed to be quite warm (for us/locals are freezing) 24-26 degrees C, we will lounge by the pool. They have a 24hr hot tub here which will be great for my aching muscles and shoulders later which is great. We may venture out later to the Gas Lam district if I am less sore.

So venturing out anywhere did not happen. I am completely bagged and in so much pain. We Came in from pool, a weeeeee bit redder than when we went out (totally cool with that), the relaxation has taken over my body...however just down the street there is a mall. hmmmmmmmm I may be well enough for a stroll through there....Gotta get more walking in today right?!?! Sounds like a fabulous idea. But as for sight seeing...today unfortunately is a wash. Tomorrow we are up bright and early for whale watching so that is exciting.

Something about warm weather makes the worse moments feel a bit better. I am sore from Car crash but the warmth on my skin feel good.. Kinda like a heating pad.



Stay Tuned
~Body under construction :)

No comments:

Post a Comment